- Find/Create a static theme
- Create a new Diazo theme in the Theming control panel
- Copy in files from theme
- Write/Build the rules.xml
Create a new Diazo theme
- Go to Site Setup > Theming (or directly to @@theming-controlpanel)
- Click the ‘New theme’ button. You will have the option to immediately enable the new theme. Note: I do not recommend this for a live site.
You are taken to a theme editor where you can upload all files from your theme. Keep the folder structure the same. The only files you’ll need in addition to your static files are
Write the rules. This is a single file that replaces the static content in your theme with dynamic content from Plone, based on the rules you define. The theme editor has tools built in to help you write the rules.
Show inspectors - This turns on a couple frames in the window, showing you both the static theme and unthemed Plone site. Hovering or clicking on the elements will give you a selector for that element.
Build rule - This is a wizard that writes rules for you based on settings you enter and elements you select. This is very helpful for learning Diazo syntax.
Help - This displays the manual for plone.app.theming - the product that turns your Diazo theme into a Plone theme.
Once you have built all the rules, you can then Activate your theme in the Theming Control Panel to apply it to the entire site.