KMS / Intranet Development
Intranets, or “Knowledge Management Systems” (KMS’s) can results in a huge improvement in collaboration and productivity across organizations large and small.
A KMS allows members of an organization to:
- Discover and understand what others are working on
- See status across projects
- Share calendars and schedules
- Archive and index documents, making it easy to find what you need
- Collaborate in real time within and across departments and geographical locations
- Make sure that only those who have permission to see something are able to see it
The most common KMS, Microsoft SharePoint, is expensive, has a limited toolset, and is difficult to customize and extend. It’s widely derided as being “user UN-friendly.” These concerns have prompted businesses to deploy rock-stable open source solutions like Plone as well as newer, open source solutions like KARL.
Six Feet Up provides development, hosting, and support services for Plone, KARL, and other open source Intranet platforms for distributed organizations like George Soros’ Open Society Foundations and United Nations Environment Program, as well as corporations such as Spyder Active Sports, Weight Watchers and iRobot.
If you’d like more information about how Plone or KARL can replace and exceed your SharePoint installation, please email email@example.com.