CMS Development & Customization
A Content Management System (CMS) is an extremely powerful tool that reduces reliance on your overworked IT department and puts control of your website in the marketing department where it belongs.
A great CMS:
- Makes it easy for non-technical staff to quickly add and edit website content, whether text, images, audio, or video
- Enforces a consistent design that adheres to your organization’s style guide and brand requirements
- Provides security. Which employees are allowed to see and do what?
- Improves accountability and reduces publication “accidents”
- Supplies standard interactive website functionality out-of-the-box like search, social media sharing, syndication, and link management
- Integrates smoothly with 3rd-party software platforms like search engines, CRMs, and centralized authentication systems
- Scales for growth and higher traffic as needs increase
Still, every organization has unique and specific requirements that require customizations to design templates, publication workflow, security roles, website functionality, navigation, syndication, and performance.
That’s where Six Feet Up comes in.
Six Feet Up helps our clients to strategize, architect, customize, extend, integrate, deploy, and host sophisticated websites on open source Content Management Systems like Plone, Alfresco, Django, WordPress, and Drupal.
In fact, Six Feet Up is the leading development company in North America for Plone, a high-end, open source CMS used throughout the world, and particularly extensively in the life sciences, education, and nonprofit sectors.