Six Feet Up Announces EasySlideshow 2.0 for Plone
April 10, 2012
EasySlideshow is a Plone product that makes it easy for any content editor to create and manage online image slideshows. The slideshows are great for use on a home page or landing page instead of displaying a Flash animation that search engines can't read very well.
EasySlideshow comes with all the settings you need to customize your slideshows, such as:
- Adjusting the delay between slide transitions;
- Managing the height/width of slideshow images;
- Controlling whether or not captions are shown with slides;
- Selecting whether or not users can pause the slideshow on hover;
- Selecting slides timeout;
- Turning the display of slide number on/off.
Six Feet Up is pleased to announce the release of EasySlideshow 2.0, which boasts the following new features:
- Option to allow thumbnail images in the navigation instead of slide numbers
EasySlideshow now gives content managers control over the display of the slide navigation. The navigation can be turned off, display slide numbers or thumbnails.
Navigation with slide numbers:
Navigation using thumbnail images:
- Ability to display slides in a random order
Default EasySlideshow will display images in the order in which they are stored in the folder. This latest version offers the possibility to display the images in the slideshow in a random order: there is now a checkbox to randomize the slideshows site-wide, per-folder, and for portlets.
- If the add-on is removed from the site, any slideshow portlets are removed and folders will default to the standard display
- Images are now automatically resized using plone.app.imaging