Monthly IndyPy Meetup
Oct 11, 2016
from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- The Speak Easy, Indianapolis
- Contact Name
- Add event to calendar
This month, Pradeep Gowda will present "Event processing w/ Apache Kafka for the Pythonista"
Data arrives at you in different forms, at varying rates from disparate sources and is consumed by a variety of applications in some ways that even you don't know right now.
How do you deal with this ever expanding (should we say exploding) combination?
Event processing is an umbrella word to describe the set of approaches and technologies that deal with this kind of problem. Kafka is a well known and popular technology stack for event processing.
In this talk, you will learn how to
- Detail the event processing problem
- Understand the core concepts behind Kafka
- Show off the primary tools associated with Kafka
- Give code examples in Python to push and consume data from Kafka.